Modern homes are well sealed and insulated which makes them energy efficient, but the lack of airflow could cause uncomfortable air conditions inside as the same air is continuously re-circulated throughout your home. This recirculation can throw off your home’s humidity balance and may cause damage from mold. Rest easy, though, because Eldridge Service Co. in Chattanooga can help you make your house an energy-efficient home that is also comfortable!
Your key is a continuous flow of fresh air.
Reduce health-threatening pollutants and make your home as comfortable as possible by bringing in a constant flow of fresh air. You could open windows, but that only works in nice weather. Plus, open windows can let more allergens into your home. So what is the solutions? A whole home ventilation system pulls fresh outside air in with your conditioned air.
For improved comfort and health, control humidity.
We recommend maintaining your home’s relative humidity levels between 30% and 60% for your best comfort and health. Look for these signs that your home is too humid:
- Frequently damp areas
- Musty odors
- Condensation stains on the ceiling
- Condensation or frost on windows
- Sticky or clammy feeling in the air
- Peeling wallpaper
- You have to turn on your air conditioner more to get comfortable
- You can also have problems with your health and home when the air is too dry. During winter months, indoor relative humidity can be as dry as some of the world’s harshest deserts. If you experience any of these symptoms, the humidity in your home could be too low:
- Excessive allergies or respiratory illnesses
- Scratchy, sore throat or excessive cough
- Dry, irritated nasal passages
- Dry, itchy skin
- Chapped lips
- Static shocks
- Cracked, peeling wallpaper
- Warped or cracked wood
- Damage to household furnishings
What are your options if your home has a humidity imbalance? Call Eldridge Service Co of Chattanooga or click here schedule a consultation. We’ve got dehumidifiers and humidifiers that will help ensure your home is a comfortable home.